free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Study Nights Just Got Better

For a few weeks now I've been holed up in the library every night cramming as much as I can to prepare for my PhD qualifying exams. I've been using our main library for a few years now but in recent days I've noticed a lot of attractive women here in the library. I chatted up the barista at the coffee shop (yes we have one in one of the floors here). According to him, sororities have this 'study nights' thing where they all troop to the library to study. I knew these sororities were good for something! I think this single-handedly increased the library use by the students. Men are trooping back to the libraries as well. How about that for positive externality? More power to sororities!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Roy Tan said…

    So are you done with quals? In any case, Good luck!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger F said…

    results will be out in two weeks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home