free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Monday, October 18, 2004

Scent of Winter

Today was the first day I turned my heater on this season. I will miss wearing shorts to school and teaching class in my summer clothes. I will miss the $20+ electric bills I've had for the past few months. Winter here in the South is not as bad as what Northerners have to deal with. I remember one year when it snowed once and that was it for the winter, and the snow didn't even last that long. A classmate from the North tells me that what we have here is a long Fall followed by Summer. But there are good things to look forward to in the winter.

I am not sure if my sense of smell gets more sensitive, or women are just wearing more perfume, or the colder temperature keeps the whiff of fragrance suspended in the air. But women are definitely smelling good :) If cold temperature are making people less likely to take a bath more frequently, are they then compensating by putting on more perfume? Are they more likely to cuddle up with somebody in the winter so they're just preparing? Whatever it is, winter is upon us and it might be a long and cold one. I intend to enjoy it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home