free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Monday, June 23, 2008

GW's crib

Rode the bike again and we started early this time...8:30 am. Followed the Mt. Vernon trail along the banks of the Potomac, passed by the Ronald Reagan airport and watched a couple of planes takeoff. It was tough towards the end as we were going uphill on the last 2-3 miles. 18 miles in total to reach Mt. Vernon. It was a good workout. Problem was on the way back, my right knee started giving me trouble. I was basically powering myself with my left leg. We were able to reach Old Town Alexandria though and had a good lunch there. Right knee was killing me so we had to ride the metro at the airport to salvage my creaking right knee.

Lance Armstrong was once quoted as saying "pain is just weakness escaping the body"...boy was there a jailbreak...

But I am stubborn as they come so I'll hop on that thing again this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home