free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Thursday, August 06, 2009

8 lives

8 years ago today I was in a car accident. Driving back to DC from Southwest Va early morning, the driver side rear-wheel of the car exploded. This caused the car to spin in the middle of I-81. I figured I'll be okay if the big truck behind me will stop on time after the car stop spinning. The car continued to spin towards the shoulder/earth embankment...then it rolled a couple of times. The car was totalled. The only space that was not crushed was the bubble around me. I was hanging upside down with the seatbelt the only thing that kept me from falling. If I had passengers, they would most likely be dead. I walked out of that accident with just a minor cut in one of my fingers and muscle pain for a week. Sometimes you get lucky, really lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home