free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Monday, February 21, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays

It's raining hard outside, reminds me of August in Manila. I remember a lot of male college students like me didn't bring umbrellas with them everyday. I don't know, might be some kind of a macho thing which looking back now seems like sheer lunacy because Manila's weather forecast during the rainy season is the same everyday: occasional rainshowers. It might have something to do with what we used to do in high school. Without an umbrella it was an excuse to share an umbrella with one of the girls :) and since it's the best idea the guys have come up with they never got rid of it and used it till college. Plus it's hot in Manila. So you don't want to be bringing with you too many things as you navigate the city streets using public transportation. I still wonder how women back there don't sweat as much as men do with the high humidity and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home