free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Epiphany

Driving back to my apartment from my office at the Department late in the afternoon, I used the same campus streets I have driven on many times before. I took the campus perimeter road, passed by the University President house like I have done so many late evenings. The two towers of dormitory rooms cast a shadow on the road, the cluster of student housing to my right is visible with the absence of leaves from the trees the are lined up in front of it. I took the left turn like I always do at the bottom of the hill, and steered the car towards the short strip of downtown. Then it hit me. I don't want to be here in August and for that matter, the rest of the next Fall semester. As good as this place has been to me, it is time. Time to take the show elsewhere. I reached for my sunglasses from the passenger side seat as the sunlight is again on my face, at this street it is always like this, this time of the year.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger F said…

    I'm glad you like them. I enjoy posting stuff here too. As long as there are interesting things (from my point of view) to blog about, free lunch will be updated.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger F said…

    Why not leapfrog to MP3s? Structural shifts allow for radical changes, a new mandate is an opportunity to shake things up :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home