free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Famous Lawyer On Economics

David Boies is perhaps one of the best lawyers around. He represented Gore in Gore v. Bush, Napster against the recording industry, the Department of Justice (DOJ) against Microsoft, and IBM against the DOJ. He's got a colorful resume, read his Courting Justice. A sentence in his book would make any economist happy and me personally about my decision back in college not to pursue a degree in law (I blame movies like The Firm, and A Few Good Men for that momentary lapse :)).

"I had concluded during my first two years of law school that many legal questions were primarily issues of economics. One of my fellow students at the graduate school was William Baxter, already a highly regarded professor of law at Stanford, who had reached the same conclusion was spending a year at Yale."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home