free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Easy Like A Sunday Morning

I'm in the library right now in one of the terminals that I think we are not supposed to use for extended web surfing but here we go. I'm starting to build the background literature for my dissertation. It is a lot easier nowadays to do this with the academic databases here at the library. Now Google is joining in on the fun with a beta version of a search engine for scholarly work. Thanks to my usb flash memory I'm able to carry in my keychain thousands of pages of journal articles.

I remember when I first set foot in the main university library when I was a freshman undergrad. I was amazed at the amount of information located in one place. I would spend hours in the library reading stuff that had nothing to do with whatever I came there for in the first place. In many ways I'm still the same student.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home