free lunch

the blog about nothing and everything

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

End Game

One more class to teach tomorrow and this semester is over for me (after I submit their grades on Monday anyway). At least I was able to accomplish some goals for this semester (Yeh right, like i have a white board with "Goals for the Semester" on it). Closing of one semester though just opens up a new can of worms. I got to polish up my dissertation topic, have the committee's final say on it. Got to think about preparing for the job market, man, this sounds so careerist :) Actually, I like it more when the school is in session at least there is a subconcious knowledge that you have to be in your office on campus working. During breaks I'm just all over the place with all the distractions. The less distracted amongst thee shall finish thy degree.

The Cavalry Has Arrived!
The backup system arrived this afternoon. I think our building is the last stop for FedEx because they always deliver my packages minutes before 4:30PM. I'm reformatting it to NTFS. It's basically just an external hard drive with 80GB capacity. It's about 4 times bigger than my laptop's hard drive. I'm wondering if I should start leasing the real estate to other graduate students here. With department issued computers in their offices, I'm sure they can use some extra storage.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger K said…

    wow! fall semester at clemson ends early?

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger F said…

    not exactly but my teaching commitments end before thanksgiving hehehe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home